Kenwood DMX4707S Digital Multimedia Receiver (does not play CDs)
Kenwood DMX4707S Digital Multimedia Receiver (does not play CDs)-70% Off
Kenwood DMX4707S Digital Multimedia Receiver (does not play CDs)
CarPlay integrates your iPhone into the driving experience in a seamless interface, allowing you to access iPhone content with the sound of your voice. That means easy access to your music library, audiobooks, phone, messages, navigation, and many third-party streaming music apps, too. Learn more at www.apple.com/ios/carplay. If you’re an Android user, this receiver is ready for your phone, too. Android Auto integrates your Android device into the driving experience without distracting you from the job at hand — driving . You’ll have easy voice access to Google Maps, weather, music, and apps, not to mention your text messages. And you can make calls, too, of course. Get more info at www.android.com/auto. If you use apps unsupported by Android Auto, not to worry. With a USB connection, this receiver will mirror your Android screen, giving you touchscreen control over your favorite phone features.
- General Features:
- Shallow-mount digital multimedia receiver with AM/FM tuner
- Plays a variety of music files via USB
- MP3, WMA, AAC music files
- High-resolution WAV and FLAC music files
- 6.75″ capacitive touchscreen display
- Fits double-DIN (4″ tall) dash openings
- Smartphone Features:
- Apple CarPlay compatible (requires wired USB connection to your phone)
- Android Auto compatible (requires wired USB connection to your phone)
- Built-in Bluetooth with dual phone connection for hands-free calling and music streaming
- Android mirroring via USB
- Audio/Visual Features:
- 13-band graphic EQ with Drive EQ and digital time alignment
- Bass boost and loudness controls
- High- and low-pass filters
- Parking grid lines for rear-view camera
- Compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tunerI
- Inputs: rear USB input, rear analog A/V input (mini-jack), backup camera input
- Outputs: rear composite video output, 5-channel preamp outputs (2-volt front, rear, mono sub)
- Other Information:
- Wired connection to parking brake required to access settings and other features on this receiver (the brake must be connected and set for video display)
- Built-in amplifier (21 watts RMS/50 peak x 4 channels)
- Compatible with most factory steering wheel audio controls (adapter required)
- Warranty: 1 year
- Our 30-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # DMX4707S
Apple CarPlay: Apple CarPlay is the smarter, safer in-vehicle interface to operate your iPhone (iOS 7.1+) with Lightning-connector. Your iPhone must be connected to the Kenwood receiver’s USB port via the Lightning-cable that came with your Apple device or an Apple Certified Lightning-to-USB cable (sold separately). You can control CarPlay from the Kenwood receiver’s touchscreen controls or use Siri to control to control CarPlay with just your voice. You’ll be able to use CarPlay to get directions, make phone calls, listen to voice mails, send/receive text messages, select music, and even control Apple HomeKit compatible devices in a way that keeps you focused on the road ahead.
- Navigation Maps: The power and simplicity of Apple Maps comes to your dashboard; complete with turn-by-turn direction, traffic conditions, and estimated travel time. You can enter a new destination or choose a favorite or recent destination using the head unit’s touchscreen or by simply asking Siri. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go using addresses from your email, text messages, contacts, and calendars. If you have iOS 12.0 or newer on your iPhone with the latest version of Google Maps or Waze, you can choose to navigate via the Google Maps or Waze application instead of Apple Maps. Google Maps and Waze do not support Siri voice control, but will have their own proprietary voice control function which has to be accessed through a touchscreen icon on the receiver.
- Phone & Messages: You’ll be able to make calls, return missed calls, and listen to voicemails through the Kenwood receiver. Siri can also help you do all these things. In addition, Siri can send, read, and reply to your text messages for you; so you never have to look at your iPhone while driving.
- Music Library: Access your artists, song, playlists, and iTunes Radio on your iPhone using the Kenwood receiver’s touchscreen. Or, just tell Siri what you’d like to listen to. The head unit’s touchscreen will display song/artist information, as well as album art in the background.
- Apps: CarPlay also supports additional audio apps that you’ve downloaded to your iPhone for enjoying music, radio, sports, news, podcasts, & audiobooks (subscriptions and fees may apply). Control these apps from the head unit’s touchscreen just like you would from your iPhone. Current supported apps include:
- Music & Radio: Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, TuneIn Radio, Slacker Radio, Google Play Music & more.
- News, Sports & Podcasts: Stitcher, MLB.com At Bat, NBA, CBS Radio News, NPR One, OverCast, & more.
- Audio Books: Audiobooks.com & Audible
- Apple HomeKit Compatible: CarPlay now supports control of Apple HomeKit enabled devices (sold separately) through Siri. Using CarPlay in your vehicle, you can ask Siri to close or open your garage door, turn on or off home lighting, increase or decrease the temperature of your thermostat, as well as control select functions of other Apple HomeKit enabled devices and appliances. Click here for a list of compatible Apple HomeKit products.
- Bluetooth hands-free phone and wireless music streaming cannot be used while Apple CarPlay is being used with a connected iPhone.
- If you need an additional USB extension cable, use Kenwood’s CA-U1EX USB extension cable (113CAU1EX, sold separately). Any other USB extension cable can cause CarPlay to malfunction.
Android Auto: The Kenwood digital media receiver supports the Android Auto app for Android smartphones running OS Lollipop (5.0 or newer). Your compatible Android smartphone must be connected to the Kenwood receiver’s rear-panel USB port and the USB cable that came with your smartphone, plus be paired via Bluetooth. Android Auto extends the Android platform into your car in a way that’s purpose-built for driving and automatically brings you useful information and organizes it into a simple on-screen interface that is simple to use in the vehicle. It’s designed to minimize distraction so you can stay focused on the road ahead. Features of Android Auto include –
- Google Assistant: The Kenwood receiver enhances your Android Auto experience even more by incorporating Google Assistant using the head unit’s external microphone and your car speakers for voice command and text-to-speech, which makes using Android Auto and all of its integrated applications fast, easy, and safe. You will need to press the “mic” button or say “OK Google” to activate the Google Assistant. Use the Google Assistant to make a call, send a message, reply to a message, get driving directions, listen to music, or even control select Google Assistant smartphone enabled devices.
- Google & Waze Maps: Use Google Maps to get where you’re going with on-screen maps, voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance, and more. Select your destination by using the head unit’s touchscreen or just say where you want to go through the unit’s external mic and Google Speech Technology. You can even listen to music from your Android Auto device or other connected source device while using Google Maps. If you prefer, you can switch over to a simpler version of the community-based Waze navigation app (version 4.27 or higher).
- Phone & SMS: With Android Auto you get access to your contacts and messages through the Kenwood receiver while keeping your eyes on the road. Use the unit’s external mic and Google Speech Technology to make a phone call, or have your text-messages read aloud to you while you concentrate on the road ahead; you can even reply to texts via voice command.
- Music: Access your Android smartphone’s music library through the Kenwood receiver via Google Play Music. You’ll be able to browse music like you do on your smartphone with song/artist information display and album art. Use the receiver’s touchscreen to select songs or just say what song you want to listen to through the head unit’s external mic and Google Speech Technology. You also get access to online music and radio stations from Amazon Music, Tidal, Pandora, Spotify, iHeart Radio, Slacker Radio, Tune-In, and more; as well as news, sports and talk radio apps. Music apps include song and station browsing, plus song/artist information and album art or station logo. Click here for a list of all compatible app for Android Auto.